The Simularium, Baskin School of Engineering
University of California, Santa Cruz, 12-16 July, 2010
Please check previous announcement often between now and the start of the workshop as new materials, such as tutorial and exercise notes, will be posted or updated periodically.
In order to get a final head count for catering and planning we ask all participants to please confirm your attendance by July 4th. Many thanks to those of you who already confirmed your participation
Printable copies of the lecture notes are now available:
- Lecture 1: PDF Primal 4D-Var
- Lecture 2: PDF The Mechanics of 4D-Var
- Lecture 3: PDF Dual 4D-Var
- Lecture 4: PDF 4D-Var Diagnostics
- Lecture 5: PDF Observation Impact and Observation Sensitivity
- Tutorial 2: PDF Multiple Outer Loops
- Tutorial 4: PDF Calculation of prior error standard deviations
- Tutorial 9: PDF Computing normalization coefficients for covariance models
- Tutorial 10: PDF Setting up the impact/sensitivity functional, build script, cpp options and s4dvar.in
While we are not providing paper copies of the lecture notes, you will instead each receive a very stylish and much sought after ROMS t-shirt, along with some useful maps, etc. We are still adding documentation about the tutorials in WikiROMS.
We look forward to seeing you all in Santa Cruz very soon.