Pyroms remap problem

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

hpftcb

Pyroms remap problem

#1 Unread post by hpftcb »

Hi all,

I'm using pyroms/Palau_hycom to generate .bry .ini files to my grid (Hycom data were downloaded through get_hycom_GLBa0.08..py ). The problem is, during remap (dst_varz = pyroms.remapping.remap(src_varz, wts_file, spval=spval) line in remap_bry.py), in which hycom data is horizontally interpolated to my Roms grid (a smaller region centered around i =200 and j=275 in figure_hycom), interpolation went wrong. Attached is the hycom data at the surface(figure_hycom), and the data interpolated to my grid (roms_after_remap). For some reason remap used the data in the area delimited by the rectangle (figure_hycom) to interpolate to my roms grid. Since my roms grid coordinates are correct (I've checked it), I dont know why remap is using the data from this offshore region (centered around i=650, j=275). Has someone faced a simular problem? Any tip would be highly appreciated.

PS: I've tested different grids generated from different softwares (pyroms, seagrid, delft2roms, rooms_tools), and remap continue to interpolate from the wrong region

Thanks a lot in advanced

Fernando T C Barreto
Attachments
roms_after_remap.png
roms_after_remap.png (134.53 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
figure_hycom.png
figure_hycom.png (194.93 KiB) Viewed 4972 times

kate

Re: Pyroms remap problem

#2 Unread post by kate »

If it's not the ROMS grid, that leaves the HYCOM grid and the interpolation software...

maxblu33

#3 Unread post by maxblu33 »

Hello
I have a similar problem, but my IC temperatures error is bigger(error is about 20 degree Celsius almost in every part of my domain)
I am using Data from HYCOM 1/12 Analysis, from 1-8 jul 2014. I used pyroms to create IC and boundary conditions. Did you find out what the problem could be.

best

Luis Sorinas-Morales

hpftcb

#4 Unread post by hpftcb »

Hi Luis,
I didn't, sorry. If you are interested I can send you the code I'm using for interpolation hycom2roms.

Regards

maxblu33

#5 Unread post by maxblu33 »

Yes, please
That would be great
thanks a lot
best

Luis

hpftcb

#6 Unread post by hpftcb »