Problem With Grid like an Input File in NetCDF´s Format

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

luis.chetu.83

Problem With Grid like an Input File in NetCDF´s Format

#1 Unread post by luis.chetu.83 »

Hi Everyone!!

I´m using ROMS to simulate numerical circulation in Chetumal Bay using analytical expressions, for tide effect (ANA_FSOBC), initial conditions (ANA_INITIAL) to ubar and vbar velocity components, and open boundary conditions to ubar_south and vbar_shout. So, I generated a grid using realistic datas of bathimetry under seagrid in NetCDF format, and I saved in the ROMS folder, and I specified my input file in GRIDNAME in the EXTERNAL folder and I saved, then I compile it succesffully using make, but when I tried to run my aplication using ./oceanS... I got an error with my input file, Where do I have to put it for what the model can read my grid like an input file NetCDF???

Cheers

Luis A:

kate

#2 Unread post by kate »

When you run, the command is something like:

Code: Select all

./oceanS < ocean.in
where that ocean.in has been tuned for your application. In that ocean.in, there is a GRDNAME line, one of mine being:

Code: Select all

GRDNAME == /wrkdir/kate/GOA_Tides/NEP5/NEP_grid_5.nc
Do you do something like this and get an error? What error?

luis.chetu.83

#3 Unread post by luis.chetu.83 »

Thanks a lot for your reply Kate!!

I specified my input grid file name in ocean_chetumal.in then I compile successfully with make (g95 compiler under cygwin) So, when I tried to run my aplication using ./oceanS<ocean_chetumal>&log& I received some errors with my input file, So, I supposed that I had problems with my grid because this is the only input file that I`m using for my aplication and the grid that I`m using is in NetCDF format.

So, I think that ROMS is not reading correctly my grid, because before I tried to run my aplication I received some problems with the Im and Jm parameters and N (number of grids that I`m using)...

I hope your help please!!

Luis A.

m.hadfield

#4 Unread post by m.hadfield »

You're going to have to be more specific about "some errors" and "some problems".