Issue with ROMS tidal forcing WIKI

Facts, news, and guidance about ROMS software

Moderators: arango, robertson

abever

Issue with ROMS tidal forcing WIKI

#1 Unread post by abever »

Since I can't edit the WIKI...I'm just going to say that I found an issue with what is in the wiki and different versions of (updated) matlab scripts. I had to add another input variable to one of the function calls in the main matlab script for the OSU tidal predictions stuff.

Since I can't leave a note on the WIKI....if anyone has had problems with the below line in t_getconsts.m, called from otps2frc_v3.m, email me and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

const.freq(~ii) = (const.doodson(~ii,:)*ader)/(24);

robertson
Site Admin

#2 Unread post by robertson »

The "contributions" tab at the top of each wiki page is where users can add notes or corrections to the wiki. Since I'm not sure what wiki page you are referring to (I'm guessing this one) I can't make the correction/note. If you can navigate to the wiki page that needs the correction, click the "contributions" tab near the top and leave your note/correction, I will update the page. That said, This is still a good place to discuss coding bugs in ROMS related packages.

General Note:
Anyone that finds errors, omissions, etc. should follow the same procedure on the page where the error/omission occurs.

elhunter

#3 Unread post by elhunter »

t_getconsts.m is a part of the T_TIDE tidal analysis package. The routine otps3frc_v3.m does not recognize changes to T_TIDE in newer versions, so perhaps the issue is related to the use a different version of T_TIDE.

Eli