SED_MORPH: what are the necessary model configuration and inputs?

Sediment modeling collaborators: issues, applications, information exchange

Moderators: arango, robertson, rsignell

stevenmiguelfigueroa

SED_MORPH: what are the necessary model configuration and inputs?

#1 Unread post by stevenmiguelfigueroa »

Hi, I recently ran a 2 year simulation of an idealized estuary with the sediment module activated but not SED_MORPH.
BedThickness_result.png
BedThickness_result.png (51.71 KiB) Viewed 2174 times
The bed was initialized as 10 m thick. It showed scour at the mouth with deposition on the flats and also a mouth bar deposit.

Looking at the data, I think the flow was not coupled to the bathymetry. Otherwise the currents would have slowed in the scour hole.
Also the mouth bar would have actually breached the surface, as the depth is nominally 10 m.

So, I think I should activate SED_MORPH. But, I'm unsure the model configuration and inputs required. I have heard the variable "bath" needs to be defined?
I look at the wiki and COAWST manual, but do not find information. I also search in the COAWST/ROMS/Nonlinear/Sediment folder, but do not get anywhere.

Can you please inform me the model configuration and inputs to use SED_MORPH?

Is it define SED_MORPH in the header file and input a new variable 'bath' into the initial file? If so, then the initial 'bath' will be the same as 'h'?
Assuming there is no change in the grid, boundary, and river, is there any change in the .in files related to SED_MORPH?

Finally, if I have questions in the future about inputs to certain modules, what is the best way based on examining the source code to determine the input and flow of data for a module in ROMS?

Thank you, have a good day.