Mask beeing rotated Bug in GridBuilder

Bug reports, work arounds and fixes

Moderators: arango, robertson

briskbamboo

Mask beeing rotated Bug in GridBuilder

#1 Unread post by briskbamboo »

Dear Friends
Thanks for a lots of great works in Roms' forums. I am new to Roms and trying to create a grid with Gridbuilder by CharlesJames. I have created my grid.nc file but when I checked it with ncview I realize It seem to be a bug in Gridbuilder when generating .nc file.

The problem here is the Mask are rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise like the attached image. The dark/light green is the grid I would like to create and the red/blue is the results which created by Gridbuilder with the Mask are rotated
test1.nc
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
screen.jpg
Best

ecjoliver

Re: Mask beeing rotated Bug in GridBuilder

#2 Unread post by ecjoliver »

Note that the origin of the grid you create in GridBuilder is based on the first point you click before dragging out the shape of the box. You should make sure that this point is the bottom-left, otherwise your grid may end up rotated as you are finding. Please see page 2 of the GridBuilder manual.

CharlesJames
Location: South Australian Research and Development Institute

#3 Unread post by CharlesJames »

Eric is correct regarding the grid creation, note that you can change the origin after creating the grid by right clicking on any corner while in corner edit mode, and also that the h, lon_rho, lat_rho, etc. will be correctly oriented with respect to the selected grid origin so a grid with any origin should still be valid for use in ROMS (i.e. Matlab's pcolor(lon_rho,lat_rho,mask_rho) should look correct regardless of the origin).

briskbamboo

#4 Unread post by briskbamboo »

Thank you so much CharlesJames ecjoliver. Now i have my grid as your comments. :D