how to conduct adjoint sensitivity by ROMS ADM?

Discussion about tangent linear and adjoint models, variational data assimilation, and other related issues.

Moderators: arango, robertson

LiZhou

how to conduct adjoint sensitivity by ROMS ADM?

#1 Unread post by LiZhou »

Hi:
As we all know, the adjoint model is a powerful tool to analyse the sensitivity of your cost function on the initial/forcing states, whcih has been used in 4DVAR assimulation approach. As a noob of ADM of ROMS, I'm confused about how to build up this framework. The adjoint sensitivty is the key part of it. So, if anyone who has successfully run the ADM could give some suggestion about the .h or .in file information? Thanks very much!

LiZhou

Re: how to conduct adjoint sensitivity by ROMS ADM?

#2 Unread post by LiZhou »

Hi everyone:
I try to open cppdef: FORWARD_RHS, FORWARD_MIXING, FORWARD_READ and AD_SENSITIVITY to do this. The input file ocean_ads.nc is necessary, and I create a new file following wc13_ads.nc, whcih contains the scope masking. Its compiling works, but when run the oceanM, it come to error like: forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred after loading fwd file. I don't know its reasons? Would it be possible that someone give me some suggestions? Thanks.
Attachments
fault.png