Asking for cpp and control files

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

wangkai

Asking for cpp and control files

#1 Unread post by wangkai »

hello, everyone :D
In brief, I've successfully compiled the example upwelling and now I want to run my own application, for which I have made the initial, boundary, grid , and force files.
I choose the north-west Pacific Ocean as my object. I set the west boundary conditon to closed wall and the other three are not.
I copy the varinfo.dat from Roms/External, and I modify the ocean_coupling_test.in in the same directory as control file.
When I try to run the model , it tells me "At line 960 of file inp_par.f90 : Fortran runtime error :Bad real number in item 1 of list input".
Here are the modified settings:
grid size is 6km , time step is 60s , total simulation time is 24h, number of vertical level is 40 , vtransform = 2, vstretching = 4 ,theta_s = 5 , theta_b = 0.2 , tcline =10 .
I wonder maybe the cpp file I compile is not correct and also there is something wrong with my ocean.in file ,so can anybody share the right file to help me fix the problem? or maybe tell me how to do?
Thanks.
kai
Attachments
varinfo.dat
(239.01 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
coupling_test.h
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
ocean_coupling_test.in
(119.13 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

jcwarner

Re: Asking for cpp and control files

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

what is your long term goal? do you want to run a coupled application? or are you just trying to compile the differnt test cases. if you are running a coupled application of roms+swan, then i suggest you use COAWST. you can send me an email at jcwarner@usgs.gov. If you are just running that test to see if it works, then stay with what you have.
-j

wangkai

#3 Unread post by wangkai »

jcwarner wrote:what is your long term goal? do you want to run a coupled application? or are you just trying to compile the differnt test cases. if you are running a coupled application of roms+swan, then i suggest you use COAWST. you can send me an email at jcwarner@usgs.gov. If you are just running that test to see if it works, then stay with what you have.
-j
yes , john , my long term goal is to have a three-way coupled model. i have tried COAWST, but it is a little complex for a beginner like me. so i decide to take a slow step , for now i just want to run the single model Roms.
the modification of .h and ocean.in always produce errors. could you share me the right file to let me have a try?
thanks!
kai

jcwarner

#4 Unread post by jcwarner »

if you are just trying to run roms, then stick with applications that just use roms. Upwelling is great. Once you get that to work, then start building your own application. There is no need to keep running test cases. If you can find a test case that is close to what you want to do, then run that case and modify it. -j