length of time vector in climatology and boundary files

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

dputrasahan

length of time vector in climatology and boundary files

#1 Unread post by dputrasahan »

Hi!

Could someone advise me where can I start looking and make changes to get ROMS to run for with the usual climatology and boundary files, but with a different surface forcing file? I have 12-hourly surface forcing for 3 months, but the normal climatology files have time_step=12. ROMS gave me an "input error" when I tried running it.
Does the climatology and boundary file require to have a time vector that is of the same length as the forcing files? Is there a way where we can use a boundary file that has time length of 3, basically one for each month, and reuse month 1 for 60 times, month 2 for 62 times and month 3 for 60 times? Currently, the boundary file that I made is very huge since it has a time vector length of 182. Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

kate

#2 Unread post by kate »

Each forcing/boundary file can have its own time vector. I've got 6-hourly winds in one file, daily heat fluxes, monthly rain, no problem. The boundary conditions are coming in daily, I believe, maybe once every four days, it doesn't matter. Just make sure that the beginning and ending times span the time of your simulation.