Strange results when use Q_PSOURCE for Point sources

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

xmuliuy

Strange results when use Q_PSOURCE for Point sources

#1 Unread post by xmuliuy »

Hi all,
Below is my CPP options when i used roms570 ,only eastern boundary is opened,min depth is 0.3 m,DT=25,NDTFAST=10,16 levels,rx0 =2.329628E-01,rx1 =5.861046E+00,added 2 rivers in my case,choose TS_PSOURCE & Q_PSOURCE for Point sources,as i used WET_DRY,and the low tide in the region is about -3.5m,so i set the min depth of the river channel to 5,the river_temp in the river file is 18℃.
But when i checked the output file, low temp water keeps flowing out from the point where i put the river point sources.
Like the figure shows.
ADD_FSOBC, ADD_M2OBC, ANA_BSFLUX, ANA_BTFLUX, ANA_SMFLUX, ANA_SSFLUX, ANA_STFLUX, ASSUMED_SHAPE, CURVGRID, DIFF_3DCOEF, DIFF_GRID, DOUBLE_PRECISION, KANTHA_CLAYSON, MASKING, MIX_S_TS, MIX_S_UV, MPI, MY25_MIXING, NONLINEAR, NONLIN_EOS, N2S2_HORAVG, POWER_LAW, PRSGRD31, PROFILE, Q_PSOURCE, K_GSCHEME, RAMP_TIDES, RHO_SURF, !RST_SINGLE, SALINITY, SOLVE3D, SPLINES, SPHERICAL, SPONGE, SSH_TIDES, TS_C4HADVECTION, TS_C4VADVECTION, TS_DIF2, TS_PSOURCE, TS_SMAGORINSKY, UV_ADV, UV_COR, UV_U3HADVECTION, UV_C4VADVECTION, UV_QDRAG, UV_TIDES, UV_VIS2, UV_SMAGORINSKY, VAR_RHO_2D, VISC_GRID, VISC_3DCOEF, WET_DRY
Is their anyone who use Q_PSOURCE successed before?
Hopes for your help.
Thanks!
Attachments
final.png
final.png (150.73 KiB) Viewed 1964 times

kate

Re: Strange results when use Q_PSOURCE for Point sources

#2 Unread post by kate »

Have you tried UV_PSOURCE instead of the Q_PSOURCE? That's what I would do. I know that way you are fluxing water of a given temperature/salinity into the cell from a lateral boundary.

xmuliuy

Re: Strange results when use Q_PSOURCE for Point sources

#3 Unread post by xmuliuy »

thank you kate!
The temp goes well when i used UV_PSOURCE.
i am wondering if there is something wrong with the Q_PSOURCE option,when i output the temp step by step, the temp of the point where i put the river point sources goes down from the initial temp slowly.
"Flux of water imposed in the vertical at rho points.
step2d.F: zeta = zeta + Qbar *dt / (dx dy)
omega.F: W = Qsrc
step3d_t.F: FC = Qsrc * t "Here is some scripts of Rho point sources from ‘Incorporating nearshore processes into ROMS’,John Warner, USGS.
i think this option problebly will cause non conservation,or should i change my configuation?