ROMS/TOMS Applications

Information about ongoing ROMS/TOMS applications

Moderators: arango, robertson

arango
Site Admin

ROMS/TOMS Applications

#1 Unread post by arango »

Please use this forum thread to post information about your applications. We are particularly interested in large scale applications that can be used to nest to regional applications. Please provide detailed information about the horizontal and vertical resolution, initial fields, forcing fields, treatment of boundary conditions, time sampling in output histrory and average NetCDF files and their availability, important CPP options, computational requirements, simulation analysis and any other documentation that maybe relevant.

We want to know who is doing what so there is more interaction between users. It is very important to know what works and what does not.

luis.chetu.83

Begin to build a new aplication

#2 Unread post by luis.chetu.83 »

Hi everyone, I`m using ROMS model to make my own aplication; I want to simulate numerical circulation in Chetumal Bay, this is a semi-closed bay, northern, western and eastern are closed walls, so, the only open boundary is southern. I installed ROMS model in my PC already, and I runned UPWELLING test that provide by default and I was playing with the output NetCDF files to have more or less idea in how to work this files in MatLab (I confgurated Matlat with NetCDF too). I made a grid using seagrid in MatLab and then I changed the format .mat to .nc using the nc_dump command and I saved it. I haven`t built input NetCDF files yet.

I would like to make my own aplication but, can you give me some ideas in how begin to build my aplication, which terms could I activate in cppdefs.h file and then what should I change in analytical.h file for trying to run my aplication ??

I would like to begin easier, So, I was thinking about using terms like:

UV_ADV
CURVGRID
ANA_INITIAL
ANA_FSOBC
ANA_WIND

So, which terms do you think are appropriate to use?

I`ll appreciate your reply.

Luis