NEMURO model with 0-dimension

Discussion about coupled ecosystem models

Moderators: arango, robertson

nihaoyanghu

NEMURO model with 0-dimension

#1 Unread post by nihaoyanghu »

The NEMURO model could be run with a 0-dimension, which means the model is just a time dependent box-model, how can I get the 0-dimension running?

If I set only nemuro in the .h file, there will be errors when compiling, the errors are as follows.

cd Build; ifort -c -ip -O3 -xW biology.f90
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 88: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [HZ]
& GRID(ng) % Hz, &
------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 89: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [Z_R]
& GRID(ng) % z_r, &
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 90: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [Z_W]
& GRID(ng) % z_w, &
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 91: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [SRFLX]
& FORCES(ng) % srflx, &
--------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 92: This is not a field name that is defined in the encompassing structure. [T]
& OCEAN(ng) % t)
-------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 88: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [HZ]
& GRID(ng) % Hz, &
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 89: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [Z_R]
& GRID(ng) % z_r, &
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 90: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [Z_W]
& GRID(ng) % z_w, &
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 91: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [SRFLX]
& FORCES(ng) % srflx, &
--------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: biology.f90, line 92: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [T]
& OCEAN(ng) % t)
-------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for biology.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [Build/biology.o] Error 1

Thank you!

kate

Re: NEMURO model with 0-dimension

#2 Unread post by kate »

The time-only NEMURO model is a standalone thing, not the NEMURO that's in ROMS. The one in ROMS needs SOLVE3D to be defined.

I don't know where to get the standalone NEMURO - perhaps the authors of the NEMURO papers can help you.

nihaoyanghu

#3 Unread post by nihaoyanghu »

In that case, may I suppose the bio_toy.h help me take a relatively simple case, whose spacial-average is approximately equal to 0-dimension model results?

twainwright

#4 Unread post by twainwright »

The original NEMURO model code is available on the PICES MODEL Task Team web site at
http://www.pices.int/members/task_teams ... %201.0.zip

The general MODEL Task Team web site (http://www.pices.int/members/task_teams ... MODEL.aspx) has much more information, including several different versions of the code in the "Workshop's Archives" links.

Tom Wainwright (Former MODEL Task Team co-chair)