compilation error

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

Entrapmen

compilation error

#1 Unread post by Entrapmen »

I updated my code to the latest version(v442). Then, I try to compile my realistic application but I get the following error.
Ozgur

tr: extra operand `e'
Try `tr --help' for more information.
In file included from Compilers/make_macros.h:16:
Compilers/../ROMS/Include/cppdefs.h:750:22: error: empty filename in #include
makefile:231: INCLUDING FILE Build/make_macros.mk WHICH CONTAINS APPLICATION-DEPENDENT MAKE DEFINITIONS
/usr/bin/cpp -P -traditional -DMPI -D -D -D -D'ROOT_DIR="/j3/ozgur/Rms"' -DSOM -D'HEADER=""' -D'ROMS_HEADER=""' -DNestedGrids=1 -D'ANALYTICAL_DIR="/j3/ozgur/Rms/ROMS/Functionals"' -D'SVN_REV="442M"' -IROMS/Include -IROMS/Nonlinear -IROMS/Nonlinear/Biology -IROMS/Nonlinear/Sediment -IROMS/Utility -IROMS/Drivers -IROMS/Functionals -IMaster -ICompilers -D'HEADER_DIR="/j3/ozgur/Rms/ROMS/Include"' ROMS/Nonlinear/bc_2d.F > Build/bc_2d.f90
<command line>:2: error: macro names must be identifiers
<command line>:2: error: macro names must be identifiers
In file included from ROMS/Nonlinear/bc_2d.F:2:
ROMS/Include/cppdefs.h:750: error: empty filename in #include
make: *** [Build/bc_2d.f90] Error 1

robertson
Site Admin

Re: compilation error

#2 Unread post by robertson »

What have you set ROMS_APPLICATION and FORT to and what do you get from the following commands:

Code: Select all

uname -s | sed 's/[\/ ]/-/g'
uname -m | sed 's/[\/ ]/-/g'
Also, what does svn status in your root source code directory tell you? do you have any files marked with a 'C'. If so you have some unresolved conflicts in your copy of the code. Check :arrow: here for more information on resolving conflicts.

Entrapmen

#3 Unread post by Entrapmen »

I use ifort and I set my application in makefile correctly. However, in order to be sure I tested it with UPWELLING test case. The same error occurs again.

I have Linux-x86_64 system. I checked the svn status and list tells me some of the files are modified. There is no conflict between the old and updated version.

I download the code again work on it. However my curiosity about this issue is still alive.

robertson
Site Admin

#4 Unread post by robertson »

On the files that are listed as modified, do an svn diff, i.e. svn diff makefile, to see how they differ from the original files on the myroms.org svn server. Perhaps your makefile or build script has somehow become corrupted. You might also want to make sure that all the files are in unix format. You can check by executing file test.txt from the command line. If the file command results contain the string: ', with CRLF line terminators' the file is in DOS format and you should use dos2unix to convert it.