How to get boundary condition from new data Hycom for COAWST

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

poppai

How to get boundary condition from new data Hycom for COAWST

#1 Unread post by poppai »

Hi, Everybody. My forecast system use roms_master_climatology_coawst_mw to get clm, bdy files from GLba0.8/lastest. But, this Url was stopped from 27/11/2018. Recent, Hycom output to BLbu0.8, BLbv0.8/lastest. I try modified roms_master_climatology_coawst_mw to get data from BLbv0.8/lastest, still not working. Someone got the clm, bdy files from the new output of Hycom model successfully Please help me. Thank a lot.

ptimko

Re: How to get boundary condition from new data Hycom for CO

#2 Unread post by ptimko »

Have you tried looking at the HYCOM forum for answers at www.hycom.org? If you are having difficulty accessing or downloading HYCOM data it would probably be best to place a question in the HYCOM forum as they understand their data server the best. In most cases they are able to resolve user problems quite quickly.

The most recent HYCOM output should be:
Global Ocean Forecasting System (GOFS) 3.1 output on the GLBy0.08 & GLBv0.08 grids
Resolutions: GLBy0.08 grid is 0.08 deg lon x 0.04 deg lat that covers 80S to 90N.
GLBv0.08 grid is 0.08 deg lon x 0.08 deg lat between 40S-40N. Poleward of 40S/40N, the grid is 0.08 deg lon x 0.04 deg lat. It spans 80S to 90N.

chegermiller

#3 Unread post by chegermiller »

Hi poppal,

We are working to update many of the COAWST tools to create forcing, boundary, and climatology fields.

I haven't had an application that pulls recent HYCOM data, but can look into this and get back to you tomorrow morning. Things to look out for are variable names, and transformations from HYCOM horizontal and vertical coordinates to your ROMS coordinates.

What is the error that you get?

Thanks,

Christie

jcwarner

#4 Unread post by jcwarner »

we have updated all of our m files in the latest coawst distribution (feb 11, 2018). so you can give them a try.

As ptimko said, look here
http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/catalog.html

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-ACTIVE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- --
Folder GLBy0.08/latest (Present + FORECASTS)/ --
Folder GLBy0.08/expt_93.0 (Dec-04-2018 to Present + FORECASTS + ice + sur)/ --
Folder GLBv0.08/latest (Present + FORECASTS)/ --
Folder GLBv0.08/expt_93.0 (Jan-01-2018 to Present + FORECASTS)/

and get the correct url from one of these options.
-j

zhengyx

Re: How to get boundary condition from new data Hycom for COAWST

#5 Unread post by zhengyx »

poppai wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:47 pm Hi, Everybody. My forecast system use roms_master_climatology_coawst_mw to get clm, bdy files from GLba0.8/lastest. But, this Url was stopped from 27/11/2018. Recent, Hycom output to BLbu0.8, BLbv0.8/lastest. I try modified roms_master_climatology_coawst_mw to get data from BLbv0.8/lastest, still not working. Someone got the clm, bdy files from the new output of Hycom model successfully Please help me. Thank a lot.
hello, have you got boundary condition from new data Hycom for COAWST successfully? how do you get it?