A Problem about building Nemuro ecosystem test

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

zhouwei

A Problem about building Nemuro ecosystem test

#1 Unread post by zhouwei »

Hi, I was trying to build Nemuro ecosystem test ,but I didn't find nemuro.h in ROMS/Include. Then I copied nemuro.h from ROMS/Nonlinear .

Code: Select all

cp ROMS/Nonlinear/nemuro.h ROMS/Include/
I activated NEMURO cpp option in the makefile and typed the command

Code: Select all

]$ make
Compilers/make_macros.mk:1: *** missing separator.  Stop.
I don't know how to solve this problem, Does anyone have some ideas?

I am planing to apply this Nemuro ecosystem to simulate regional ocean like Yellow Sea in China .But I have no idea how to write the head file (myproject.h?) I wonder if somebody could give me some hints.

Any information is greatly appreciated

m.hadfield

#2 Unread post by m.hadfield »

Copying nemuro.h from ROMS/Nonlinear to ROMS/Include is unnecessary, though probably harmless. This file is included by ROMS/Nonlinear/biology.F if the preprocessor macro NEMURO has been defined.

Have you altered your application header file to define the NEMURO macro?

I'm not sure how the missing separator message could have arisen. Compilers/macros.mk is dynamically created by some rather complicated code in makefile. You can safely delete Compilers/macros.mk and try again. If you still get this error, you should examine the contents of the file to see what the problem is. Note that the error is reported to occur in line 1. Perhaps the file is empty?

kate

#3 Unread post by kate »

The make error is due to using a make other than the gnu make. Look for gmake on your system and try that instead, or compile gnu make yourself. ROMS now requires a quite recent version of gmake for the build.