Compilation error with nesting in 2D

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

nmichelet

Compilation error with nesting in 2D

#1 Unread post by nmichelet »

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to run a simulation with 2 grid in nesting in 2D. But I have a compilation error that I don't understand. Could you help me solve that problem please.

nesting.f90(215): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [NGC]
ngc=CoarserDonor(ng) ! coarse grid number
----------^
nesting.f90(1562): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [COUPLING]
& COUPLING(dg) % Zt_avg1, &
------------------------------^
nesting.f90(1562): error #6837: The leftmost part-ref in a data-ref can not be a function reference. [COUPLING]
nesting.f90(1562): error #6158: The structure-name is invalid or is missing. [COUPLING]
nesting.f90(1562): error #6634: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated.
compilation aborted for nesting.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [/home2/caparmor/nmichele/1010/Build/nesting.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Thanks
Attachments
roms.h
(590 Bytes) Downloaded 255 times

kate

Re: Compilation error with nesting in 2D

#2 Unread post by kate »

Code: Select all

ngc=CoarserDonor(ng) ! coarse grid number
----------^
If you look in nesting.F, you see that ngc is defined inside an #ifdef SOLVE3D block. Try removing the #ifdef SOLVE3D and the following #endif around the definition. Then there's mod_coupling.F in which everything there is surrounded by #ifdef SOLVE3D. Maybe the nesting isn't designed to work without SOLVE3D at this point. I would create a bug report for this on the Trac site.

nmichelet

#3 Unread post by nmichelet »

Thank you for your answer.

I have tried to remove the #ifdef SOLVE3D and the following #endif around the definition. It remove the error about ngc but the other errors remain

nesting.f90(1576): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [COUPLING]
nesting.f90(1576): error #6837: The leftmost part-ref in a data-ref can not be a function reference. [COUPLING]
nesting.f90(1576): error #6158: The structure-name is invalid or is missing. [COUPLING]
nesting.f90(1576): error #6634: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated.
compilation aborted for nesting.f90 (code 1)

I am using the version 7 of ROMS revision 737, should I try another version more recent?
Thanks

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

No, there's another thread about how it doesn't work without SOLVE3D. Can you turn on SOLVE3D?

nmichelet

#5 Unread post by nmichelet »

Hello Kate and thanks for your reply,

I have already tried to turn on SOLVE3D and it works well. My simulation run without problem including the nesting. But I want to run this simulation in 2D.
Any suggestion to solve the problem?

Thanks

kate

#6 Unread post by kate »

It's just code and you have access to it. Look at where your compile-time problems are and try to understand what the compiler is telling you. I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to fix, but it's not where my priorities are right now - it's where your priorities are. If it matters so very much, get it to work and send us your changes. You might learn something in the process. Or you can learn to live with SOLVE3D, you pick.