need help on compiling seagrid mexfiles for win64 (solved)

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

leonjld

need help on compiling seagrid mexfiles for win64 (solved)

#1 Unread post by leonjld »

Anyone made seagrid run successfully on matlab 2008b (64bit) on a 64bit windows vista?
Last edited by leonjld on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leonjld

Re: need help on compiling seagrid mexfiles for win64

#2 Unread post by leonjld »

leonjld wrote:Anyone made seagrid run successfully on matlab 2008b (64bit) on a 64bit windows vista?
I solved the problem. You need to change all pointer types (originally "integer*4") in mexrect.F and mexsepeli.F into "integer*8", since 64bit systems have double the size to store the memory address than 32bit systems.

leonjld

Re: need help on compiling seagrid mexfiles for win64 (solve

#3 Unread post by leonjld »

Here is the mex file for win64 per the request of some users.

Unzip the attached zip file and put the extracted files in the directory which contains similarly-named files (is there a mex folder in the matlab install dir?). Make sure the directory is in the matlab search path. Please test it on your computer to see if it works or not and post the result here.
Attachments
mex_matlab77_win64.zip
(214.17 KiB) Downloaded 655 times

detraceyb

Re: need help on compiling seagrid mexfiles for win64 (solve

#4 Unread post by detraceyb »

Thanks for making these available! I used to use g95 and gnumex to compile for 32 bit windows, but the death of both gnumex and g95 have made this impossible for 64 bit windows, and I could never get gfortran to work.

Sadly, these mex do not work with matlab 2012a due to changes in mex functions i.e.

Code: Select all

Error using mexrect
Function "MXCREATEFULL" is obsolete.
If your MEX file or Simulink S-function calls this function, replace it with "MXCREATEDOUBLEMATRIX".
If this error originates from a Fortran Simulink S-function that does not call "MXCREATEFULL",
recompile the S-function in the current release.
I can still use seagrid on my 32 bit version of matlab (2010bSP1), for now...