ncgen error!!!

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

dhtjtks

ncgen error!!!

#1 Unread post by dhtjtks »

Hi, all.

I have a problem with ncgen. When I try to make a *.nc file with 'ncgen -b *.cdl', I have an error message, cyntax error. I am using netcdf 3.6.2. I don't know how to fix it. Please help me.

Thanks,

Jungwoo

jprinehimer

#2 Unread post by jprinehimer »

First, you're not actually using the command:

Code: Select all

ncgen -b *.cdl
with the '*' globbing because I don't think that works with ncgen. You're probably using something more like

Code: Select all

ncgen -b myfile.cdl
Right?

Second, if you're getting a syntax error, it's because the syntax of your cdl file is wrong. ncgen should tell you the line to check. We'd have to see more information like the cdl file or the actual error from ncgen to be able to solve the problem. You should be able to figure it out by finding the line given by the error message and checking to make sure your CDL file is well-formed. You may have to look a few lines above or below where ncgen says the error occured. For the correct CDL syntax, see the links CDL Syntax, CDL Data Types, and CDL Notation for Data Constants at the bottom of this page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ne ... cs/netcdf/

J.Paul

dhtjtks

Thanks!

#3 Unread post by dhtjtks »

Thanks Paul. However, I cannot find anything wrong. I am using CDL file included in ROMS. But, it works when I retype whole sentences in unix computer.
Thanks again.

jungwoo