compiling error with the latest ROMS

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

isopycnal

compiling error with the latest ROMS

#1 Unread post by isopycnal »

hi,everyone
I used the ROMS version 71 on my Linux system and it works well.But after I got the latest ROMS version through svn update and compile it, the errors appears as below:

Code: Select all

cd Build; ifort -c  -ip -O3 -xW -free mod_netcdf.f90
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 19: This module file was not generated by any release of this compiler.   [NETCDF]
        USE netcdf
------------^
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 21: This symbol must be a defined parameter or an argument of an inquiry function that evaluates to a compile-time constant.   [NF90_REAL]
        integer, parameter :: NF_FOUT = nf90_real
----------------------------------------^
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 22: This symbol must be a defined parameter or an argument of an inquiry function that evaluates to a compile-time constant.   [NF90_DOUBLE]
        integer, parameter :: NF_FRST = nf90_double
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 23: This symbol must be a defined parameter or an argument of an inquiry function that evaluates to a compile-time constant.   [NF90_DOUBLE]
        integer, parameter :: NF_TYPE = nf90_double
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 21: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [NF90_REAL]
        integer, parameter :: NF_FOUT = nf90_real
fortcom: Error: mod_netcdf.f90, line 22: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [NF90_DOUBLE]
        integer, parameter :: NF_FRST = nf90_double
compilation aborted for mod_netcdf.f90 (code 1)
So, what is the error like "This module file was not generated by any release of this compiler". and how I can correct such errors?
thanks for any suggestions.

kate

#2 Unread post by kate »

You need to build the NetCDF library with your ifort compiler. ROMS now uses the f90 netCDF module interface which is less portable between compilers than just the library.

isopycnal

#3 Unread post by isopycnal »

HI, Kate,
thank you very much. I recompiled the netcdf 3.6.2 using my ifort compiler, and it is ok. thanks again.