Subversion update problem

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
m.hadfield
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:12 am
Location: NIWA

Subversion update problem

#1 Post by m.hadfield » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:59 pm

I have run into a problem updating my ROMS source.

A couple of weeks ago (16 April) I checked out the ROMS source from the trunk. This proceeded in a straightforward manner, once I had svn configured correctly for our proxy server. This gave me revision 27.

Today I went to my source directory and ran "svn update". This proceeded to update my files to revision 38. However it stopped before completion with

svn: Checksum mismatch for 'ROMS/Utility/inp_par.F'; expected: '7c9cc079a78ce9f23ed700de25108391', actual: '1483421ef1914fbfe3f0dac3f31f9a9e'

I tried removing ROMS/Utility/inp_par.F and retrieving a fresh copy. Svn recreates the file in question (to revision 27) but then stops with the same error.

I can update any files or directories that appear after ROMS/Utility/inp_par.F in the svn listing by specifying their names explicitly. It's a little tedious, but I think I have got everything now.

A quick search with Google suggests this is a problem with the repository:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-06/0848.shtml

Or maybe a client bug:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python ... 57790.html

Has anyone else encountered this problem or something similar?

User avatar
kate
Posts: 3700
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:29 pm
Location: IMS/UAF, USA

#2 Post by kate » Tue May 01, 2007 12:10 am

I just did a fresh checkout of the trunk and all seems fine.

User avatar
m.hadfield
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:12 am
Location: NIWA

#3 Post by m.hadfield » Tue May 01, 2007 12:23 am

Hmmm. Removing the Utility directory from ROMS and re-running svn update seems to have fixed it.

User avatar
arango
Site Admin
Posts: 1082
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:41 pm
Location: IMCS, Rutgers University
Contact:

#4 Post by arango » Tue May 01, 2007 12:58 am

That happened to me too when trying to update. I got the same problem with inp_par.F. This seems to be a bug on svn. I also removed the Utility directory and checkout again and then I was able to update.

The other possible problem is that inp_par.F is the biggest source file in the repository. It seems that the r38 is fine and problem of the checksum was on earlier revision.

By the way, using google to find about errors is the way to go. I highly recommend all users to do this. We do it all the time and always find answers to our problems.

Post Reply