build fail

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

simion1232006

build fail

#1 Unread post by simion1232006 »

Hi there,

I am trying to build a ROMS_SWAN coupling model and got some error messages.Did any one happen to see this before?
I used to compile ROMS-swan on other machine and the model worked all right. The machine I am using is a Cray system. I guess it may be duo to the Cray compiler. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

analytical.f90(291): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement. [EWPERIODIC]
logical :: EWperiodic=.FALSE.
-----------------^
analytical.f90(291): error #6562: A data initialization-expr is not valid for this object. [EWPERIODIC]
logical :: EWperiodic=.FALSE.
-----------------^
analytical.f90(292): error #6401: The attributes of this name conflict with those made accessible by a USE statement. [NSPERIODIC]
logical :: NSperiodic=.FALSE.
-----------------^
analytical.f90(292): error #6562: A data initialization-expr is not valid for this object. [NSPERIODIC]
logical :: NSperiodic=.FALSE.
-----------------^
compilation aborted for analytical.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [/group/partner1020/jxu/backup/L1_swan/Build/analytical.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

jcwarner

Re: build fail

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

the EW and NS periodic calls have been updated a while ago. Perhaps you are using an older ana_* function with the new code, and it is complaining about the periodic exchange calls. do a diff with your ana functions to the new ones.

-j