Run time error message

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

lcbernardo

Run time error message

#1 Unread post by lcbernardo »

Hi everyone,

Today I tried compiling ROMS on a new computer system in our laboratory. It was a challenge finding all the system prerequisites, but somehow I got it to compile. The netcdf I am using is netcdf-4.1.3, which would not compile properly unless I set the options --disable-netcdf-4 and --disable-dap. I am also using mpich 3.1.2 for parallel processing. I compiled using gfortran.

As a test, I wanted to try the seamount case. I modified the build script to reflect the settings on my system. However, upon running oceanM, I get the error as shown below:

[bernardo@CTO seamount]$ mpirun -np 8 ./oceanM ocean_seamount.in
./oceanM: symbol lookup error: ./oceanM: undefined symbol: _gfortran_transfer_integer_write

===================================================================================
= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= PID 46132 RUNNING AT CTO
= EXIT CODE: 127
= CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
= YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
===================================================================================

I could not seem to find a similar error in the forums, so I decided to post it. I'm wondering though if it has something to do with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, as I have seen in previous posts. Following the example of the previous system I worked with (which used mvapich2), I simply set this to the lib directory under the mpich folder as follows:

gfortran )
if [ "${which_MPI}" = "mpich2" ]; then
export PATH=/home/bernardo/mpich/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/bernardo/mpich/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
elif [ "${which_MPI}" = "openmpi" ]; then
export PATH=/opt/gfortransoft/openmpi/bin:$PATH
fi
;;

Can anyone offer any suggestions on why I encounter such a runtime error? Thanks.

Lawrence