netcdf.mod file

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

cdibble

netcdf.mod file

#1 Unread post by cdibble »

Hello,

This is my first time compiling the Upwelling test case. I cannot figure out how to correct the locale variable warnings and I cannot find the netcdf.mod file. The compiler looks for it in /usr/local/include, the contents of which I have printed below, but it is not there nor is it in the netcdf file that was created in ~/src directory when I installed it.

Can anyone help me correct these issues?

Thanks!
-Connor

Code: Select all

Macasaurus-Rex:include Connor$ cd ~/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling
Macasaurus-Rex:Upwelling Connor$ ./build.bash
rm -f -r core *.ipo /Users/Connor/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build /Users/Connor/make_macros.mk
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
	LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8",
	LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
makefile:238: INCLUDING FILE /Users/Connor/make_macros.mk WHICH CONTAINS APPLICATION-DEPENDENT MAKE DEFINITIONS
svnversion: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
svnversion: warning: environment variable LC_ALL is en_US.UTF-8
svnversion: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
cp -f /usr/local/include/netcdf.mod /Users/Connor/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build
cp: /usr/local/include/netcdf.mod: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Users/Connor/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build/MakeDepend', needed by `all'.  Stop.
Macasaurus-Rex:Upwelling Connor$ cd ~
Macasaurus-Rex:~ Connor$ cd ../../usr/local/include
Macasaurus-Rex:include Connor$ ls
ecpg_config.h		ecpgtype.h		libpq			pg_config.h		pgtypes_date.h		pgtypes_timestamp.h	sqlca.h
ecpg_informix.h		gnumake.h		libpq-events.h		pg_config_ext.h		pgtypes_error.h		postgres_ext.h		sqlda-compat.h
ecpgerrno.h		informix		libpq-fe.h		pg_config_manual.h	pgtypes_interval.h	server			sqlda-native.h
ecpglib.h		internal		node			pg_config_os.h		pgtypes_numeric.h	sql3types.h		sqlda.h
Macasaurus-Rex:include Connor$ cd ~/src/netcdf-3.6.3
Macasaurus-Rex:netcdf-3.6.3 Connor$ ls
COPYRIGHT	Makefile.in	a.out.dSYM	config.guess	config.status	cxx		examples	libsrc		man		nc_test4	nctest
INSTALL		README		acinclude.m4	config.h	config.sub	cxx4		f90		libsrc4		man4		ncdap.m4	nf_test
Makefile	RELEASE_NOTES	aclocal.m4	config.h.in	configure	depcomp		fortran		libtool		missing		ncdump		stamp-h1
Makefile.am	VERSION		compile		config.log	configure.ac	dods.m4		install-sh	ltmain.sh	nc_test		ncgen		win32

rduran

Re: netcdf.mod file

#2 Unread post by rduran »

If you search for netcdf.mod or the error you get youll probable find a number of people already asked a similar question and you'll probably find some helpful answers as well.

HTH

kate

Re: netcdf.mod file

#3 Unread post by kate »

When you ran the configure script, did you provide a --prefix=/some/dir option? That tells it where to install things on the "make install" command. Did you run "make install"? Did you see where it copied things to?

It looks like you have some Perl issues too. Perhaps you can google those locale errors and find out what's going on.