Error while using build.bash for the Upwelling first time

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

rbani

Error while using build.bash for the Upwelling first time

#1 Unread post by rbani »

hi
i was following the instructions in the tutorial to install ROMS first time in IMAC from the following link : https://www.myroms.org/wiki/index.php/R ... ow_Leopard
when i got to changing the build.bash script i did all and executed it and return :

wpa031008:Upwelling guichardlab$ ./build.bash
rm -f -r core *.ipo /Users/guichardlab/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build /Users/guichardlab/make_macros.mk
makefile:238: INCLUDING FILE /Users/guichardlab/make_macros.mk WHICH CONTAINS APPLICATION-DEPENDENT MAKE DEFINITIONS
cp -f /usr/local/include/netcdf.mod /Users/guichardlab/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build
cp: /usr/local/include/netcdf.mod: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Users/guichardlab/ROMS/Projects/Upwelling/Build/MakeDepend', needed by `all'. Stop.

Any know what should i do to fix that
thanks

kate

Re: Error while using build.bash for the Upwelling first tim

#2 Unread post by kate »

I take it you compiled and installed NetCDF? Which version and where did you put it? Those notes are out of date in that you also now need the NetCDF-fortran package.

rbani

#3 Unread post by rbani »

well i m using netcdf 3.
do u know if there is any updated link i can folow

thank you

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

Did you download netcdf-3 or are you building netcdf-4 in netcdf-3 mode? If the former, you don't need a separate netcdf-fortran package but you do need to make sure that it built the fortran 90 interface. You also need to know where it puts the stuff it builds because old netcdf would not install into /usr/local by default.