Plotting section error.

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

glejin

Plotting section error.

#1 Unread post by glejin »

I successfully installed ROMS and ploting software NCL.Then I tried to compile makefile in /src for ploting the output from the ROMS using the command make clean and make in CYGWIN in WINDOWS Xp.I am getting error message like this.

/usr/bin/gfortran-4 -fno-second-underscore -g -fbounds-check \

cnt.o cpmpxy2d.o mapeod.o stumsl.o vvumxy.o -o /ROMS/PLOTS/BIN/CntG \

libUTIL.a -L/usr/local/lib/ -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf

/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/4.3.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot open output file /ROMS/PLOTS/BIN/cntG.exe: No such file or directory

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make:*** [/ROMS/PLOTS/BIN/cntG] Error 1

please help me someone to sort out this problem.

glejin

Re: Plotting section error.

#2 Unread post by glejin »

I corrected this problem by changing the path to and tried to compile it once again. This time I got error like this
/usr/bin/gfortran-4 -c -fno-second-underscore -O3 -ffast-math zgrid.f90
/usr/bin/cpp -P -traditional -dpgifortran -I/usr/local/include -DCYGWIN -DI686 -DGFORTRAN -DNCARG520 -Drmdocinc -IInclude -IUtility Utility/zisopyc.F > zisopyc.f90
cc1: warning: unrecognized gcc debugging option: f
Bin/cpp_clean zisopyc.f90
/usr/bin/gfortran-4 -c -fno-second-underscore -O3 -ffast-math zisopyc.f90
ar -r libUTIL.a areafill.o areamask.o barlab.o bcintrp.o bernoulli.o box.o bv_freq.o caldate.o cfield.o cgrid.o checkstrm.o clrbox.o cnt_frame.o cntcolor.o cntint.o cntpack.o colorbar.o colram.o cpmpxy2d.o cpmpxz2d.o crash.o curlz.o cvector.o datestr.o day_code.o dens.o depth_iso.o depth_lab.o dombox.o draw_line.o draw_user.o drawcl.o entropy.o ertel.o fdiag.o filter.o fldnam2id.o geodesic_dist.o get_2dfld.o get_3dfld.o get_ape.o get_bernoulli.o get_bvf.o get_date.o get_dpres.o get_entropy.o get_ertel.o get_hdiv.o get_hslope.o get_isosur.o get_jebar.o get_nc1dat.o get_nc2dat.o get_nc2pos.o get_nc3dat.o get_nc3pos.o get_ncobs.o get_pig.o get_pltday.o get_pv.o get_rig.o get_rvor.o get_scoor.o get_wcurl.o gksinit.o great_int.o hbackground.o hindices.o hordiv.o inside.o jebar.o landmask.o lenstr.o lintrp.o mapeod.o maptitles.o mskerr.o mskscl.o opencdf.o readpal.o readpar.o relvor.o ri_number.o sec_axis.o sec_frame.o sec_rotvec.o setcolpal.o slevels.o spline.o splint.o streamlines.o stumsl.o stumxy.o svel.o time_indx.o vbackground.o vecmag.o vecpack.o velocity.o viewport.o vindices.o vvumxy.o what_flds.o wind_barbs.o xhslice.o xsection.o zgrid.o zisopyc.o
ar: creating libUTIL.a
ranlib libUTIL.a
/usr/bin/gfortran-4 -fno-second-underscore -O3 -ffast-math \
cnt.o cpmpxy2d.o mapeod.o stumsl.o stumxy.o vvumxy.o -o /ROMS/PLOTS/src/Bin/cnt \
libUTIL.a -L/usr/local/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf
libUTIL.a(crash.o):crash.f90:(.text+0x17): undefined reference to `_nf_close_'
libUTIL.a(crash.o):crash.f90:(.text+0x12c): undefined reference to `_nf_strerror_'
libUTIL.a(crash.o):crash.f90:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `_nf_close_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc2pos.o):get_nc2pos.f90:(.text+0x36): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc2pos.o):get_nc2pos.f90:(.text+0x190): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x1a5): undefined reference to `_nf_open_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x215): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x2da): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_attname_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x3a0): undefined reference to `_nf_get_att_text_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x62c): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x7c5): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x9e3): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xa3d): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_varid_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xa83): undefined reference to `_nf_get_vara_real_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xad1): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xcbf): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_varid_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xd03): undefined reference to `_nf_get_vara_real_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xd51): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xdb7): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_attname_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xe4a): undefined reference to `_nf_open_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xf22): undefined reference to `_nf_open_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0xfdc): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x109d): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_attname_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x1187): undefined reference to `_nf_get_att_text_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x12f0): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x14cc): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x1680): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x16da): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_varid_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x187a): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x1a9c): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(opencdf.o):opencdf.f90:(.text+0x1c70): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_var_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc1dat.o):get_nc1dat.f90:(.text+0x206): undefined reference to `_nf_get_att_real_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc1dat.o):get_nc1dat.f90:(.text+0x36e): undefined reference to `_nf_inq_dim_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc1dat.o):get_nc1dat.f90:(.text+0x4b6): undefined reference to `_nf_get_vara_real_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc1dat.o):get_nc1dat.f90:(.text+0x7c4): undefined reference to `_nf_get_att_real_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/ROMS/PLOTS/src/Bin/cnt] Error 1

kate

Re: Plotting section error.

#3 Unread post by kate »

-fno-second-underscore
If the netcdf library is indeed in /usr/local/lib, it may be that you need to recompile it with the above option. You can run something like "nm libnetcdf.a | grep nf_open" to see if it matches the nf_open that's being looked for. Above all, be consistent with this sort of option. NCL was built with this option, so you have to use it too.