compiling error - file not found

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

isabelmonteiro

compiling error - file not found

#1 Unread post by isabelmonteiro »

I've already installed roms-3.2 without any problem. Now I need to install the 2.1 roms version.
I get the follow error message (file not found):

/usr/bin/cpp -P -traditional -DLINUX -DX86_64 -DGFORTRAN -IInclude -INonlinear -IDrivers Nonlinear/analytical.F > analytical.f90
analytical.f90
make: analytical.f90: Comando não encontrado
make: ** [analytical.f90] Erro 127

What am I doing wrong?

kate

Re: compiling error - file not found

#2 Unread post by kate »

You expect us to remember ROMS 2.1? The build was different in that it put the .f90 and .o files in your current directory, not in a Build directory. Like modern ROMS, it would first invoke cpp, then the Fortran compiler. I believe it's not getting the Fortran compiler. Have you checked to make sure there's a Compilers/Linux-gfortran.mk file? Does it match the other files there or did you copy it from new ROMS? The command that failed should be something like:

Code: Select all

$(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) analytical.f90
I don't know why you didn't get at least the -c. Running "make -p" will show all the symbols that make knows about (it's long). I assume analytical is the first file it tried to compile?

arango
Site Admin

Re: compiling error - file not found

#3 Unread post by arango »

But why do you want to use ROMS 2.1? This version is 6 years old :shock: Many thinks has been corrected and improved since there. We keep this in the repository for historical reasons :!:

Perhaps, the best thing that we can do is to block the access to these old versions of ROMS, if this continue happening.