Roms-Agrif nesting

Discussion on computers, ROMS installation and compiling

Moderators: arango, robertson

felpo

Roms-Agrif nesting

#1 Unread post by felpo »

Hi ROMS Users!!!

I've made an implementation with two nested grids. I generated the grid, forcing, initial conditions and roms executable files with no problem. When I run the implementation, the parent grid files are created and updated, but only the child's first time-steep state is saved in its history file, roms_his.in.1, I've checked the AGRIF_FixedGrids.in file and everything corresponds to the time and space relations between the two grids. The AGRIF flag is defined in cppdefs.h file before compiling and while the model is running. Any idea of what the problem could be ? I would really appreciate your comments.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Atte: Felpo

subbareddy

Re: Roms-Agrif nesting

#2 Unread post by subbareddy »

hi
can you help me for generating ROMS input files, because you were already generated input files. i am totally confused to make input files. how can you take data for your region and can you explain elobaratively. i have generated grid file for my region but how to make remains files.
from which websites, are you getting data.
please help me.

felpo

#3 Unread post by felpo »

Hi subbareddy !!!

There is a package of matlab routines, named ROMSTOOLS, that generates the forcing, inicial and climatological files. It can be found at http://roms.mpl.ird.fr/ the tutorial also tells you where data may be found. Sure it helps!!!

subbareddy

#4 Unread post by subbareddy »

hi
thank you for giving information
i have run that Matlab program in my computer. it is generating all the input files in the nc format. by using this matlab program, i have generated grid file for my region. the problem is that they are using on-line network connection for getting the data and they did some modification in data by using this Matlab programs. what ever they have given data is very old and i want download the latest data and how is it possible?
how did you do modification for your region? please tell me
please help me
have a nice day

felpo

#5 Unread post by felpo »

Hi subbareddy !!!

At the moment I do analytical experiments with ROMS without real data. Anyway, if you visit the following page: http://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ you'll find several links to oceanic data. Hope it helps!!