about strange result

Cool Findings and Plots

Moderators: arango, robertson

hqz

about strange result

#1 Unread post by hqz »

I run the model 10 year with monthly mean forcing with COADS,initial and boundary condition come from SODA.There is no nudge. I choose the last year to show the result of model compare with soda.In July as a example,Fig.1 show the zeta field,near the south boundary it has some low region.Fig.2 show cold region near south boudary, and the salt compare with WOA13(fig3)seem high salinity from Bohai to Donhai sea.and the velocity (Fig 4)also seem odd near south boundary and north boundary.I have check the boundary condition,it seem fine.Can anyone give me some advise, Thank you in advance.
Attachments
fig4.png
ocean_upwelling.in
(117.85 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
test.h
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
fig3.png
fig3.png (42.53 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
fig2.png
fig2.png (48.89 KiB) Viewed 3912 times
fig1.png
fig1.png (45.34 KiB) Viewed 3912 times

kate

Re: about strange result

#2 Unread post by kate »

It looks like there should be fresh water coming into the Yellow Sea part of the domain. Are you attempting to provide it somehow? We've done lateral river inputs and also surface "RUNOFF" as a second rain-like field. We've also done nudging to surface salinity from a climatology.

hqz

#3 Unread post by hqz »

kate wrote:It looks like there should be fresh water coming into the Yellow Sea part of the domain. Are you attempting to provide it somehow? We've done lateral river inputs and also surface "RUNOFF" as a second rain-like field. We've also done nudging to surface salinity from a climatology.
In this climalogy run,I have not add river to my region(there are a Yangtze River from west to east along 32N ).I could consider add this river to my climalogy run.And i know add river is in this https://www.myroms.org/wiki/River_Runoff, it add river in lateral input?
what are you mean about 'surface RUNOFF as a second rain-like field'? And near the south boundary ,the zeta and temperature field(fig 1 and fig 2),Can you give any recommendation? Thank you in advance.

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

Yes, the wiki page describes lateral river inputs.

The second rain-like RUNOFF was added to my branch by Paul Budgell and is not in the trunk code.

About the southern boundary, I wouldn't expect to match SODA. If your resolution is finger, you're going to end up with sharper fronts, narrower currents, etc.