scrip mask boundary

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

lbressan

scrip mask boundary

#1 Unread post by lbressan »

Dear all,

I read in the advertisement of the training course that a new version of scrip will be released, with a new method of computing scrip weights.
I am very interested since I have problems near the boundaries of the mask: almost all my cell close to the mask boundaries are set to value zero by interpolating with scrip.
Is the new version of scrip already available? When will it be released? Might it be that the new version is going to solve my mask boundary problem?
I am starting now to look into scrip source files.. Any suggestion of what the problem might be and where it could be solved is very welcome!

Thank you very much
Best regards

Lidia Bressan

himanshu

Re: scrip mask boundary

#2 Unread post by himanshu »

Dear all,
I want to prepare my grid file (30E-110E,30N-10S). So, please explain me in detail that how can I prepare my grid file because I cannot understand the terms involved in it (such as dxMax,dxMin). I am attaching the make_grid file with it.

Thanking you
lbressan wrote:Dear all,

I read in the advertisement of the training course that a new version of scrip will be released, with a new method of computing scrip weights.
I am very interested since I have problems near the boundaries of the mask: almost all my cell close to the mask boundaries are set to value zero by interpolating with scrip.
Is the new version of scrip already available? When will it be released? Might it be that the new version is going to solve my mask boundary problem?
I am starting now to look into scrip source files.. Any suggestion of what the problem might be and where it could be solved is very welcome!

Thank you very much
Best regards

Lidia Bressan
Attachments
make_grid.m
I have to prepare my grid with the instructions given in this file.
(5.5 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

jcwarner

Re: scrip mask boundary

#3 Unread post by jcwarner »

so two answers here:
1) for lbressan, we are in the process to release a new version of coawst soon. then you can test the new routines, and it would be good to know if the masking problem is corrected. this can be tricky if wrf and roms have different resolutions and land/sea masking at the coast. please post questions for this on the coawst forum here:
https://coawstmodel-trac.sourcerepo.com ... el_COAWST/

2) for himanshu:
those roms grid routines are from:

Contributions of P. Marchesiello (IRD) and X. Capet (UCLA)
%
% Updated Aug-2006 by Pierrick Penven
% Updated 24-Oct-2006 by Pierrick Penven (mask correction)

might be best to ask them.
-john