ROMS plot package problem compiling

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

asujrpv

ROMS plot package problem compiling

#1 Unread post by asujrpv »

Hello,
I have installed and ran successfully ROMS and the sample problem upwellling. Now I would like to see the results and I am trying to install roms-plot package.

I installed NCAR graphics, NetCDF and they seem to work separately. I also downloaded the software using svn and tried to compile it.

My environment is ubuntu linux the computer i686, and the version of cpp is 4.3.3

The NCL package I installed is ncl_ncarg-6.0.0-beta.Linux_Debian_i686_gcc432.tar.gz

Within the src directory of roms-plot I set the NCAR_VERSION ?= NCARG520 (I am not sure if this is correct), and the path NCARG_ROOT is pointing to where I installed NCL (/usr/local/ncl/lib).

Also within the roms-plot directory src, I have the following command:
LIBS := -L$(NCARG_ROOT)/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c
LIBS += -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11

but I do not seem to have those libraries in the directory.

When I type make, part of the error that I got is

/usr/bin/gfortran -frepack-arrays -g -fbounds-check \
cnt.o cpmpxy2d.o mapeod.o stumsl.o stumxy.o vvumxy.o -o /home/rpacheco/PLOTROMS/bin/cntG \
libUTIL.a -L/usr/local/ncl/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -lX11 -L/opt/gfortransoft/s_netcdf4/lib -lnetcdf -L/opt/gfortransoft/s_hdf5/lib -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz
libUTIL.a(crash.o): In function `crash':
/home/rpacheco/PLOTROMS/src/crash.f90:1258: undefined reference to `nf_close_'
/home/rpacheco/PLOTROMS/src/crash.f90:1259: undefined reference to `nf_close_'
/home/rpacheco/PLOTROMS/src/crash.f90:1271: undefined reference to `nf_strerror_'
libUTIL.a(get_nc2dat.o): In function `get_nc2dat':
etc

I will appreciate your help in helping me to sort this out.
Rafael

kate

Re: ROMS plot package problem compiling

#2 Unread post by kate »

You might need to add "-lnetcdff". Check in the library directory for netCDF to see what's there.