FLOATS: compiling error

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

jul10lara

FLOATS: compiling error

#1 Unread post by jul10lara »

Hello every body!

Using ROMSTOOLS, I ran a simulation with FLOATS using the original Benguela example. The steps I followed to do so were:

- To define FLOATS and RANDOM_WALK in the cppdefs.h file
- make_grid, *_forcing, pathfinder_sst, make_bulk, and *_clim
- ./jobcomp
- ./roms roms.in

The compilation and simulation ran without problems, so I decided to make a simulatión with FLOATS but now for a Pacific Ocean region.
Once the model configuration successfully simulated the region (without floats), I:

- define FLOATS and RANDOM_WALK in the cppdefs.h
- make_grid, *_forcing, pathfinder_sst, make_bulk, and *_clim
- ./jobcomp

However, during the compilation ocurred and error. The last part of the error is:

read_inp_.f(493): error #5082: Syntax error, found ',' when expecting one of: <END-OF-STATEMENT> ;
nrpfflt="nrpfflt",nrpfflt
---------------------------^
read_inp_.f(491): warning #6043: This Hollerith or character constant is too long and cannot be used in the current numeric context. ['ldefflt']
ldefflt="ldefflt",ldefflt
------------------^
read_inp_.f(493): warning #6043: This Hollerith or character constant is too long and cannot be used in the current numeric context. ['nrpfflt']
------------------^
compilation aborted for read_inp_.f (code 1)
make: *** [read_inp.o] Error 1
mv: cannot stat `roms': No such file or directory

So, I can't run simulations with FLOATS for my study area.
Do I have to define something else in the cppdefs.h, param.h, roms.in, or floats.in files?, or what else do I have to change?

¿Can you help me with this please?

Thank you in advance, and best regards!!!!

Julio Lara

kate

Re: FLOATS: compiling error

#2 Unread post by kate »

jul10lara wrote:read_inp_.f(493): error #5082: Syntax error, found ',' when expecting one of: <END-OF-STATEMENT> ;
---------------------------^
read_inp_.f(491): warning #6043: This Hollerith or character constant is too long and cannot be used in the current numeric context. ['ldefflt']
ldefflt="ldefflt",ldefflt
------------------^
read_inp_.f(493): warning #6043: This Hollerith or character constant is too long and cannot be used in the current numeric context. ['nrpfflt']
------------------^
compilation aborted for read_inp_.f (code 1)
make: *** [read_inp.o] Error 1
It is telling you exactly what the error is and which line of code. I would check read_inp_.f and see what's going on there. Can you see what's wrong and fix it?

Note that the error seems to be for code that's different from the myroms.org code, so perhaps there's a better place to report bugs in it than here.

jul10lara

Re: FLOATS: compiling error

#3 Unread post by jul10lara »

Ok Kate

I'll check the file

Thank you very much and best regards!