Possible bug in roms-plot/src/Utility/opencdf.F

Discussion about analysis, visualization, and collaboration tools and techniques

Moderators: arango, robertson

sspagnol

Possible bug in roms-plot/src/Utility/opencdf.F

#1 Unread post by sspagnol »

Hi All,

Should the occurence of ncid1 in lines 805 and 812 be ncgrd instead? Had to make this change (and a few additions to hbackground.F for ncl 5.2.0) in order for stuff to work.

On a kind of related note is there a ncl-ized versions of matlab set_depth and stretching functions. Or maybe an example of how to make a plot of say temperature and interpolated depth of 100m using ncl.

Thanks,
Simon.

arango
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug in roms-plot/src/Utility/opencdf.F

#2 Unread post by arango »

Yes, good catch. Thank you for reporting this typo. I updated the plotting repository.

I haven't downloaded a new version of the NCAR's GKS library in long time. It is annoying the they change things in this legacy library and it is not backward compatible. I have struggled with their changes to the internal common blocks for years.

Please send me you modified hbackground.F to see what do they changed this time. I have several CPP flags in the makefile to control these changes according with the libary version. It seem that the last one that I did was for version 4.4.1.

sspagnol

#3 Unread post by sspagnol »

Hi Hernan,

Attached should be my modified hbackground.F, following the convention have added tests for NCARG520.

Thanks,
Simon.
Attachments
hbackground.F
modified to test for NCARG520
(32.08 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

arango
Site Admin

#4 Unread post by arango »

Great, thank you. I updated the plotting package. See :arrow: ticket for more information.