Ocean Modeling Discussion

ROMS/TOMS

Search for:
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:09 am 
Dear ROMS's users,

I am trying to establish a sediment transport model with ROMS. Firstly, the hydrodynamic model successfully runs with forcing tides, heat flux, and momentum, temperature and salinity fluxes at the boundaries using ROMS ver 3.2. However, when I include "sediment", the model do not correctly run.

I use OBC in CPP flags as follows: FSCHAPMAN, M2FLATHER, M3RADIATION + M3NUDGING. And in "Ocean.in", NAT=2 for active tracers, NNS=1 for the number of non-cohesive (sand) sediment tracers.

During executing, error message says that "GET_NGFLD - unable to find requested variable:" without indicating specific variable name.
And then the model stoped. I found that there were no "boundary variables" for sediment (sand or mud)
in "varinfo.dat". I also realized that "example cases provided do not use boundary data directly.

My questions are as follows:
1. To run the sediment model with boundary tracers (salinity & temperature), how can I do?
2. If I just need to declare sand/mud in varinfo.dat, could you please let me know how to do?

I am very pleased if anyone kindly gives me comments or advices.

Do-Seong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 am 

Hi, I get the same problem, I try to add variables to 'varinfo.dat', but have not successed. But I am a little confused about what I do, because what arango said in https://www.myroms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1450. Any way, I have to try. Can anybody give me some useful suggestion about this?

thank you very much.
leon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, the metadata for cohesive and noncohesive sediment tracer boundary variables was missing. Thank you for reporting this problem. I added the missing logic. Please update your code. See following :arrow: trac ticket for details.