Using stations in ROMS

Frequently Asked Questions about ROMS usage

Moderators: arango, kate, robertson

wmartin

Using stations in ROMS

#1 Unread post by wmartin »

I've just started using ROMS and wanted to use the stations output options. I don't see any references to this feature anywhere in the forum. Is it used much? Has anybody got a sample input file?

Thanks

arango
Site Admin

#2 Unread post by arango »

Yes, we use the STATIONS option a lot. Check the sample input script stations.in provided with ROMS release. This script shows how to specify the station locations. It is well documented. You just need to edit and enter the appropriate locations for your application.

sargenta

Re: Using stations in ROMS

#3 Unread post by sargenta »

In ROMS_AGRIF, when defining the stations location, you have the choice of printing out the variable values at all sigma-layers, at a given layer, or at a given depth. From stations.in, I gather that this is not possible in ROMS, and that I will obtain data by default at all sigma layers for a given (i,j) - or (x,y)- location. Am I right? Is there any way of printing out the data at a specified depth, or even at a specified sigma-layer?

Thanks

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

You suppose correctly - you get the full stack of sigma values. What you ask could be done in the post-processing since you've got all the information you need in the stations file.

sargenta

#5 Unread post by sargenta »

[quote="kate"]What you ask could be done in the post-processing since you've got all the information you need in the stations file.[/quote]

True. Thank you very much, kate.