a bug(typo) in Linux-gfortran.mk

Bug reports, work arounds and fixes

Moderators: arango, robertson

leonjld

a bug(typo) in Linux-gfortran.mk

#1 Unread post by leonjld »

there are some kind of option of "-ffree-line-length-none" which ought to be "ffixed-line-length-none'. I think it's a typo?

leonjld

#2 Unread post by leonjld »

otherwise the whole compiling and running experience is quite smooth.

I used to try the ROMS on the Sun workstations in the lab, but unfortunately ROMS does not work on it (and I still have no idea why so). Finally I formatted my labtop and installed ubuntu Linux on it. The system turned out to be quite good for ROMS :-)

kate

#3 Unread post by kate »

leonjld wrote:I used to try the ROMS on the Sun workstations in the lab, but unfortunately ROMS does not work on it (and I still have no idea why so). Finally I formatted my labtop and installed ubuntu Linux on it. The system turned out to be quite good for ROMS :-)
How does it not work? Does it not compile? Not link? Not run? Run, but crash?

leonjld

#4 Unread post by leonjld »

kate wrote:
leonjld wrote:I used to try the ROMS on the Sun workstations in the lab, but unfortunately ROMS does not work on it (and I still have no idea why so). Finally I formatted my labtop and installed ubuntu Linux on it. The system turned out to be quite good for ROMS :-)
How does it not work? Does it not compile? Not link? Not run? Run, but crash?
Thanks for asking. I have posted the problem before, please refer to:

viewtopic.php?t=457&highlight=

I guess probably because the Sun machine is too old? Or maybe it does not have enough memory. Anyway, I can run ROMS 3.0 on my own laptop now.

rsignell

Re: a bug(typo) in Linux-gfortran.mk

#5 Unread post by rsignell »

leonjld wrote:there are some kind of option of "-ffree-line-length-none" which ought to be "-ffixed-line-length-none'. I think it's a typo?
It's not a typo. It's there to make sure the preceding "-ffree-form" option isn't limited to 132 characters, which was causing a problem at least in CYGWIN when USE_DEBUG was defined.

For a description of these options, see:

http://linux.die.net/man/1/gfortran

-Rich