Cannot compile ROMS2.1 using redhat linux

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

klzhuang

Cannot compile ROMS2.1 using redhat linux

#1 Unread post by klzhuang »

Dear all,

I'm compiling ROMS 2.1 with redhat linux 8. Unfortunately I encountered the obscure error to an unreferred to MAIN__ and for main.o when using Makefile.ifort. But when using Makefile.ifc, it told me that can not initiate ocean_control_mod. I am afraid there's some problem in ocean.F.

I can compile ROMS 2.0 successfully under the same envoronment. Even I can compile ROMS 2.1 when I used ocean.F from vesion 2.1.

Would you please help me?

arango
Site Admin

#2 Unread post by arango »

The solution here is very simple. Please check the following post

viewtopic.php?t=70

and correct the small bugs reported. The problem here is with the CPP construct in master.F.

Problems like this can be solved very quickly if the user checks the file that is actually compiled after CPP. In this case, master.f90. If problems like this happens in the future, I highly recommend checking the .f90 files. It is also a good idea to check these files for your particular application to see if you used the right combination of CPP options.

It is not recommended to interchange files between different ROMS versions. You can do it at your own risk. This is not a good idea :!:

Good luck

arango
Site Admin

#3 Unread post by arango »

I just compiled ROMS/TOMS version 2.1 with the PGI compiler in two different desktop runing Red Hat Linux and the model compiled succesfully without a single warning. I always use the UNIX command

uname -a

to print basic information for the operating system. To get the version of Linux just type:

cat /etc/issue

I have compiled and ran ROMS/TOMS 2.1 succesfully in the following operating environments:

(1) Red Hat Linux, release 9 (Shrike) and pgf90 5.1

Linux 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

(2) Red Hat Linux, Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) and pgf90 5.1

Linux 2.4.22-1.2179.nptlsmp #1 SMP Tue Apr 13 09:50:25 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

(3) Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) and ifort 8.0

Linux 2.4.22-10mdkenterprise #1 SMP Thu Sep 18 11:46:49 CEST 2003 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux.

Therefore, there must be something wrong with your specific configuration.