where I can find the Northeast Pacific (NEP5) example?

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

Peisheng

where I can find the Northeast Pacific (NEP5) example?

#1 Unread post by Peisheng »

Hi all,

I am new to ROMS and I am still reading the ROMS manual and following the tutorial there. I've done the upwelling case and things look fine.
Next to the upwelling case in the manual is the Northeast Pacific example, which I like to try because I like to apply ROMS into a "real" case. However I can't find this example in the test directory or any where else. Can someone please point me where it is?

Many thanks!

Peisheng :)

kate

Re: where I can find the Northeast Pacific (NEP5) example?

#2 Unread post by kate »

Gosh, no one has asked for this, so I haven't put the files out in public. The boundary file alone is 6 GB - totally unfit for distribution via svn or git. You would also have to obtain the CORE2 forcing files from somewhere. Meanwhile, the latest NEP is NEP6, using MERRA forcing fields and a different vertical stretching (so different ini/bc files). The latest manual has the Arctic case while I am now working on Arctic2. The next manual was funded by the NWGOA domain so should probably include that case.

Instead, you should look through the test repo and see what's there, run some of those cases. Hopefully they have put together consistent and self-contained cases that will run. You can ask about them here on the forums.

ETA: there are some NEP6 files at http://oceanus.esm.rutgers.edu:8080/thr ... talog.html. We could ask them to put boundary and initial files there if that's what you really want.

Peisheng

Re: where I can find the Northeast Pacific (NEP5) example?

#3 Unread post by Peisheng »

Many thanks Kate! So it seems I'd better go through other examples first.

Cheers,
Peisheng

kate wrote:Gosh, no one has asked for this, so I haven't put the files out in public. The boundary file alone is 6 GB - totally unfit for distribution via svn or git. You would also have to obtain the CORE2 forcing files from somewhere. Meanwhile, the latest NEP is NEP6, using MERRA forcing fields and a different vertical stretching (so different ini/bc files). The latest manual has the Arctic case while I am now working on Arctic2. The next manual was funded by the NWGOA domain so should probably include that case.

Instead, you should look through the test repo and see what's there, run some of those cases. Hopefully they have put together consistent and self-contained cases that will run. You can ask about them here on the forums.

ETA: there are some NEP6 files at http://oceanus.esm.rutgers.edu:8080/thr ... talog.html. We could ask them to put boundary and initial files there if that's what you really want.