How to set the East boundary in an idealized topography

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

fengfengsister

How to set the East boundary in an idealized topography

#1 Unread post by fengfengsister »

Dear all,

I want to set up an idealized river plume model and I set the western boundary to be land, northern, sourthern boundary to be sea, so in my ocean_riverplume.in file I set the variable LBC(**) , the 1(west)-Clo, 2(south)-Rad, 4(north)-Rad, butI don't know how to set the " 3(east) " boundary? In my header file, I have set

# define SPONGE

# define RADIATION_2D

Do you have some suggestion?

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,

Daifeng

kate

Re: How to set the East boundary in an idealized topography

#2 Unread post by kate »

Check ocean_riverplume1.in and ocean_riverplume2.in from the ROMS distribution. Both have walls for the east, but they differ in how they handle the north and south.

fengfengsister

#3 Unread post by fengfengsister »

kate wrote:Check ocean_riverplume1.in and ocean_riverplume2.in from the ROMS distribution. Both have walls for the east, but they differ in how they handle the north and south.
Yes,Kate,I have already tried the methods they set, by the way, I want to add wind in my idealized model but the ocean_riverplume1 and 2 not yet. So the result is different.

Kate, I see a similar question in the forum about an idealized upwelling model, you can refer to the following website.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1892&p=6785&hilit= ... aphy#p6785

It is likely that the ROMS is an old version that the above modeler use,which is different from what I use, and I don't know how to set the east boundary like that. Am I right, do you have any ideal?

Thank you

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

It is just setting the east to match your north and south, with LBC(*) set to Rad.

fengfengsister

#5 Unread post by fengfengsister »

kate wrote:It is just setting the east to match your north and south, with LBC(*) set to Rad.
Thank you Kate.

I have already set like that, but the result is not what I want, so I doubt about myshelf. Now I set like that too, and let model run longer time, then I get what I want.

Thanks again.