temperature interpolation

Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

asujrpv

temperature interpolation

#1 Unread post by asujrpv »

Hello everybody,

I am running a short simulation (5 days) on a shallow region off the coast of China. I have measurements of the temperature and density profiles as function of depth and I have used the analytical option to enter these into ROMS along with tidal forcing.

I created a polynomial for density and temperature that I use in the ana_initial.F.

This forcing destroys the stratification very quickly, during the spin-up of the simulation. What I would like to do is to run my simulation for three days, then write out the results, and use these results for velocities only and replace the temperature and density with my original density profile.

Is this possible? Since I am re-starting the simulation, I gather I will not be able to use the analytical option anymore, so I need to interpolate the temperatures and density somehow to the grid. Plus I now have a free-surface and no longer an initial flat horizontal boundary.

I would be most grateful for your help.

Rafael

kate

Re: temperature interpolation

#2 Unread post by kate »

If you aren't worried about the effect of zeta, I would write out the initial conditions to a history file as part of the first simulation, then use ncks (from the NCO package) to copy over the T and S fields to your restart file.

If you are worried about the effect of zeta, I would code up the ana_initial state into python and add it that way.