Report or discuss software problems and other woes

Moderators: arango, robertson

stevekwan

Desperately need help to install seagrid

#1 Unread post by stevekwan »

Hello
I downloaded all the files for seagrid from the website:
http://svn1.hosted-projects.com/cmgsoft ... k/seagrid/
but i was unable to use the svn tool to install seagrid so I manually downloaded each of the files. However, I was unsure what to do with the @seagrid and @ps directories. where do I put these files and do the names have to be changed.. eg put an @ in front of the name ?

I really would like to start using seagrid because I know it will help me out with my work tremendously. any help would be greatly appreciated. my email is steve77@gmail.com if you prefer to email me.

also since I have matlab 7.10 could someone tell me how to recompile the source codes in case I need to do this

Thanks
steve

arango
Site Admin

Re: Desperately need help to install seagrid

#2 Unread post by arango »

Well, you are going to get into a lot of problems when using seagrid. You first need to resolve the svn problem. This needs to be downloaded using any svn tool. Check :arrow: WikiROMS for details.

Now, the @ in the front of the directories is a Matlab :arrow: function handle to call a specified function indirectly. You need this syntax for seagrid to work :!: You also need to be familiar with Matlab to facility usage.