WRF-ROMS coupling

Discussion about tangent linear and adjoint models, variational data assimilation, and other related issues.

Moderators: arango, robertson

mrmohammadpour

WRF-ROMS coupling

#1 Unread post by mrmohammadpour »

Dear Users
I want to couple WRF-ROMS-SWAN models. for this purpose i try to compile COAWST codes and JOE_TC test case,but i have some errors with it:

L/home/mohammadpour/COAWST/Lib/MCT/pgi_mct/lib -lmct -lmpeu -L/home/mohammadpour/libs_pgi/lib -lnetcdf
/opt/pgi/linux86-64/9.0-2/lib/f90main.o: In function `main':
f90main.c:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `MAIN_'
make[2]: [em_wrf] Error 2 (ignored)
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mohammadpour/COAWST/WRF/main'
( cd run ; /bin/rm -f wrf.exe ; ln -s ../main/wrf.exe . )
if [ 0 -eq 1 ] ; then \
( cd main ; make -i -r MODULE_DIRS="-I../dyn_em -I../dyn_nmm -module /home/mohammadpour/COAWST/WRF/main -I/home/mohammadpour/COAWST/WRF/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/home/mohammadpour/COAWST/WRF/main -

PGF90-S-0155-Could not resolve generic procedure globalsegmap_lsize (ocean_coupler.f90: 1131)
PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, ocn_comm_world, has not been explicitly declared (ocean_coupler.f90)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 2 severes, 0 fatal for ocn2atm_coupling_tile
make: *** [Build/ocean_coupler.o] Error 2

i use fedora 17, 64 bit, with pgi compiler. does anyone know how to solve these problems?

Regards,
Mohammadreza

jcwarner

Re: WRF-ROMS coupling

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

the first issue of not finding wrf.exe is ok, that is not an error. The coupled code can only have one executable, and it makes a coawstM.exe. So you can diregard that fact that it cant find wrf.exe, it will not exist.

for the second issue,
"PGF90-S-0155-Could not resolve generic procedure globalsegmap_lsize (ocean_coupler.f90: 1131)
PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, ocn_comm_world, has not been explicitly declared (ocean_coupler.f90)"
did you set MPI=on and MPIf90=on in your coawst.bash? if it does not know what ocn_comm_world is, then it most likely does not think it needs mpi.

if you cant resolve it, please do this:
scrip build.log
./coawst.bash
exit
and send the build.log file to me at
jcwarner@usgs.gov

we are setting up a different location to discuss issue with model coupling, not specific to the Rutgers code.
thanks
john

ptimko

Re: WRF-ROMS coupling

#3 Unread post by ptimko »

John,

Please let us know when you set up another location to discuss model coupling. I know some people at my location who would definitely be interested and I'm sure there are many other people who are interested as well.

Patrick