Boundary condition of SWAN in ROMS+SWAN coupling

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

eaglewong

Boundary condition of SWAN in ROMS+SWAN coupling

#1 Unread post by eaglewong »

Hi everyone,

I am working on ROMS+SWAN coupling. I run two separate couplings for two grids: SHK (coarser) and HKW (finer), forget about nesting now.
In ROMS+SWAN of SHK, SWAN of SHK can output a boundary file named 'hkw.nst' successfully.
In ROMS+SWAN of HKW, I have set the input SWAN boundary file 'hkw.nst' as same as the output from previous run. However, error occurs in the beginning of the model run:

forrtl: severe (194): Run-Time Check Failure. The variable 'bcfile_$DORDER' is being used in 'swanpre2.f90(3963,23)' without beging defined

If I don't do coupling, just run SWAN for HKW alone, it works successfully without any error! It seems it can read the boundary file 'hkw.nst'. So, I am so confused why I failed in the coupling run.

I have attached an output file which shows the error. Can anyone kindly help me to solve this issue? Thanks a lot!!

Eagle
Attachments
hkw.rst.txt
It is the boundary file 'hkw.rst'
(106.78 MiB) Downloaded 226 times
run_hkw_error.txt
(50.21 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
coupling_swan_hkw.in
(8.77 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
sandy.h
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
roms_hkw.in
(145.17 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
swan_shk.in
(2.74 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
swan_hkw.in
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

tac

Re: Boundary condition of SWAN in ROMS+SWAN coupling

#2 Unread post by tac »

Hi eaglewong,

I faced the same issue and solved it by commenting out the line FFLAGS += -check unint after ifdef USE_ROMS in /Compilers/*.mk. This flag is for runtime check, and it is not activated when only SWAN is used. Please be careful that *.mk depends on your environment and compiler.

eaglewong

Re: Boundary condition of SWAN in ROMS+SWAN coupling

#3 Unread post by eaglewong »

Hi tac,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have solved the issue successfully!

Eagle