Problems running the COAWST ROMS with multiple BC files

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

marcmestres

Problems running the COAWST ROMS with multiple BC files

#1 Unread post by marcmestres »

Hi,
I am trying to run a COAWST ROMS-only simulation as a first step to a coupled ROMS-SWAN scheme. My BCs are provided in 6 files that are specified in the *.in file following the usual ROMS format (i.e, each filename in a separate line, followed by a vertical line "|", except the last one), and I also define NBCFILES = 6. This configuration (without the NBCFILES parameter) runs fine in the standalone ROMS, but gives me problems when running the COAWST ROMS. In fact, the *.in file is the one I successfully used for ROMS, but including the NBCFILES part.

Apparently, from looking at check_multifiles.F, it tries to iterate a procedure (checking that all the BC files exist, that the initialization time is included in them, and that they cover up to the end of the simulation) as many times as BC files are provided (why?). In the first iteration, it reads the 6 BC files correctly, but then crashes with the following error, repeated five times (one per additional iteration).

CHECK_MULTIFILE - Error while processing Lateral Boundary multi-files:
data does not include initialization time = 2017-11-03 11:30:00.00
CHECK_MULTIFILE - Error while checking input Lateral Boundary file:
CertID!���������5 �certStatus�O�@�5 �36p4CertStatus!
2017-01-01 00:00:00.00data time record available is for day: 2017-11-05 05:10:00.00
but data is needed to finish run until day:

This does not happen if I set NBCFILES = 1.
Is there anything I'm missing when I set up the case in COAWST?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks