Perfect restart

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

Scarlett

Perfect restart

#1 Unread post by Scarlett »

Dear modelers!
I'm running a model from January 1 2001 to December 31 2001. My question is How can I stop the model and turn off the computer, and after some time turn on the computer and restart the model in the timestep that was previously?

I has reading that exist something like PERFECT RESTART, that I need to active in my .h file, But is all the information I could find.How can I use PERFECT_RESTART?
I need to learn it, because in this region, starts the electric storm season, and the computer can't still working during the storm. :cry:

Could somebody help me to find this information? Or Could you tell me how can I do it?
Thanks in advance.

Scarlett Mar.Mo.

lalvarez

Re: Perfect restart

#2 Unread post by lalvarez »

Scarlett hello

The modelo cannot be paused, what you can do is to restart the model with the last record in your restart nc file

Have a nice day

kate

Re: Perfect restart

#3 Unread post by kate »

You have to recompile with PERFECT_RESTART on before you start the beginning of your run. Later, when you restart, you should be able to restart the exact same run. You should probably test your setup to see if that is indeed the case. You must restart after an even number of timesteps for PERFECT_RESTART to be perfect.