Problem while loading Octant

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

yadusharma

Problem while loading Octant

#1 Unread post by yadusharma »

Hi All,
I was trying to use the python tool for my preprocessing and I installed Octant successfully. But I am getting the following error while loading the octant libraries.
>>> from octant.grid import *
>>> from scipy.io import matlab
>>> from numpy import *
>>> import scipy.interpolate as interpolate
>>> import pylab as pl
>>> from datetime import datetime
>>> from octant.extern import delaunay
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name delaunay

Can anybody help to solve this error of "delaunay" library/function

fagundesmo

Re: Problem while loading Octant

#2 Unread post by fagundesmo »

Hi yadusharma,

I have tried to use pyroms, octant and etc for my preprocessing data and, also, to generate my grid. The thing that I did,(with Kate's help), was installing pyroms in my laptop. Pyroms is a complete package where you can generate your grid and your input data. Octant package is an awesome package, as well. However, it was easier to me as a beginner the pyroms package. Have you tried it? If not, I could try to help you with the installation steps.

Cheers,

Matheus

yadusharma

#3 Unread post by yadusharma »

Hi Matheus,
Thanks for your kind reply, I had started my installation with Pyroms only, I downloaded pyroms from the following link
https://github.com/kshedstrom/pyroms/ and installed all the long list of prerequisite packages and their prerequisites, mentioned in that site, with much effort. But unfortunately I couldn't solve the following error.
>>> import pyroms
scrip.so not found. Remapping function will not be available

Meanwhile I came to know that Octant is the modified version of Pyroms and so I started to try with that. I would be grateful if you can help me with Pyroms installation also.

Again Thank You

fagundesmo

#4 Unread post by fagundesmo »

Hi yadusharma,

I had the same problem actually, but for making your grid you don't need to use it (I guess), at least I didn't use it. If you want to interpolate the data to your domain you can give it a try on Trond's package (https://github.com/trondkr/romstools) or using the function (import mpl_toolkits.basemap as mp) and use the function mp.interp (I have built my preprocessing script based on this function since it has a bilinear function but I haven't used the interpolated data as an input, though) someone with more experience in python programming could help us with that. The vertical coordinate transformation I used from pyroms, this is what I got so far. If you get an error related to lpsolve55 and you have a ubuntu system and gfortran compiler I could help you if you wanted.

Cheers,