Having problem with temperature and salinity of point source

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

phamsymt

Having problem with temperature and salinity of point source

#1 Unread post by phamsymt »

Dear all,

I want to see how temperature and salinity (T-S) transport from the point source. I turned on LtracerSrc == T T T, and putted temperature and salinity in the "river forcing NetCDF" with "river_flafg(river)=3 for whole depth column. The value of temperature and salinity are different with the range of them in the domain (for example, "river_temp =2 Degree" while range of domain temperature from 6 to 20 Degree). For checking, I sometimes activated only "LuvSrc" or"LwSrc", or both of them.

However, I could not see any different results of temperature and salinity at near field between case of turn-on and turn-off T-S. T-S seems to do not work in this case. I did not know what is problem. Could I set up some thing wrongly?

I already checked "LtracerSrc" in "his_file" it showed "LtracerSrc" == 1 1 1 1 1 (means turn on T, S, passive, mud_01 and sand_01) and the results of "passive", "mud_01" and "sand_01" are reasonable.

I highly appreciate if you could help me to figure out it

Thank you very much

nacholibre

Re: Having problem with temperature and salinity of point so

#2 Unread post by nacholibre »

Did you make sure that your point source location is correct? See the following posts:
ROMS vs MATLAB indices explained (for rivers and others)
ROMS with river discharge
Zafer

phamsymt

Re: Having problem with temperature and salinity of point so

#3 Unread post by phamsymt »

Thanks Zaser for nice information. That is exact reason why I had error with point source.