mellor instead of VF

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

jafar1979

mellor instead of VF

#1 Unread post by jafar1979 »

Dear
when I compile my coupled test with WEC_VF it has no problem but when I compile it with WEC_MELLOR it gives error:

Code: Select all

cd /home/test/Build; /home/program/mpich-3.0.4/bin/mpif90 -c -frepack-arrays -g -fbounds-check -I/home/program/mct/include -I/usr/include wetdry.f90
cd /home/test/Build; /home/program/mpich-3.0.4/bin/mpif90 -c -frepack-arrays -g -fbounds-check -I/home/program_install/mct/include -I/usr/include step2d.f90
step2d.f90:880.29:

DiaU2rhs(i,j,M2fsco)=fac1
Error: Symbol 'm2fsco' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
would you please tell me what is the problem.

jcwarner

Re: mellor instead of VF

#2 Unread post by jcwarner »

i will look into it, but suggest you use the WEC method over Mellor.
-j

lfparejar

Re: mellor instead of VF

#3 Unread post by lfparejar »

Sorry to necropost on this issue, but was this solved?

I get the same compilation error when I #define WEC_MELLOR and try to compile. I'm using COAWST, though, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I got the code in August 2016 (last time I did svn checkout).

I must say that the WEC_VF option works fine, but I am very interested in the computation of radiation stresses in shallow water. Not sure if this would justify picking WEC_MELLOR instead of the vortex force formalism.

--
Edit: I successfully compiled the inlet test case with WEC_MELLOR under #undef UV_COR and it worked. There seems to be a problem between WEC_MELLOR and Coriolis force.

Thanks