the ssh is abnormal

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

langlangxie

the ssh is abnormal

#1 Unread post by langlangxie »

This my ssh picture,in the picture ,ssh is -8.32 - -7.32.The phenomenon shows sea water is only ouput without into in the area.And I find the distribution is wrong ,the high ssh should be around Luzon Strait,but not in the northern of south china sea.
I can't find the error in my roms.in,so I want you can help me to solve the problem.
Attachments
zeta.jpg

simion1232006

Re: the ssh is abnormal

#2 Unread post by simion1232006 »

It is very hard to understand what you mean. Although SSH is more relevant to your netcdf driving file than to .in file, you might want to check your driving force.

langlangxie

#3 Unread post by langlangxie »

simion1232006 wrote:It is very hard to understand what you mean. Although SSH is more relevant to your netcdf driving file than to .in file, you might want to check your driving force.
I'm sorry to reply to you too lately .I mean that I think my ssh which is wrong,so I want to find a way to solve my error.I check my force file.but I can't find any errors in my make_forcing.m . can you tell me some common mistakes? thanks greatly. :oops:

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

I recently had some zetas get too negative because my air pressure units were off. ROMS wants air pressures in millibars, so around a value of 1000. Or you could post your ROMS output to see if anyone sees anything obvious in there - but I'm going on vacation for a few days.

langlangxie

#5 Unread post by langlangxie »

kate wrote:I recently had some zetas get too negative because my air pressure units were off. ROMS wants air pressures in millibars, so around a value of 1000. Or you could post your ROMS output to see if anyone sees anything obvious in there - but I'm going on vacation for a few days.
thanks kate,I will try to find wrong by your uggestions.

coccines

#6 Unread post by coccines »

Dear All,

I am also obtaining abnormal (in my case very positive) SSH.
I am forcing ROMS with zeta values that on average (over the whole domain) range -0.2 - 0.2; however, within few model days the values grow to several meters. I would like to understand the problem (for which I can't find a solution), starting from the way ROMS calculates zeta at each time step. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.