mpirun error

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

wrh

mpirun error

#1 Unread post by wrh »

dear all:
after one month running ,the mode got the following error. I search for all the posts of this website but got nothing .
so could you help me ?
mpirun noticed that process rank 3 with PID 23850 on node node13 exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault)

wrh

Re: mpirun error

#2 Unread post by wrh »

if #undef AVERAGES then the model running is ok ! but #define AVERAGES will get the same error once again! so what's problem?

lanerolle

#3 Unread post by lanerolle »

How big is your averages.nc file? With some NetCDF libraries and on some systems, only files as large as ~2.18Gb can be written and if you attempt to write files bigger than this, two things could happen: (a) your run could crash or (b)ROMS stops writing to the averages.nc file which continues to remain the same size for the rest of the simulation.

kate

#4 Unread post by kate »

What I know of segmentation faults is listed here. Is this right at the beginning of the run?

wrh

#5 Unread post by wrh »

thank you all for the reply!
yes ,the mode was right till at the time step 7200 when average file would be created then got the error!
if USE_DEBUG=on then it seems everything is ok!

it is most likely that the problem has something to do with this issue viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2511.so i will try