Input Sources/Sinks forcing file

General scientific issues regarding ROMS

Moderators: arango, robertson

antoinemarie

Input Sources/Sinks forcing file

#1 Unread post by antoinemarie »

Hi ROMS users!

I have a question about the input Sources/Sinks forcing file :

- Is it possible to make a source/sink which dépends on the value of a model's point? For instance, I make a source, and I want this source has the same temperature has a particular point of my model. So it implies that the temperature of my source dépends on the time too.

I have a second question about the analytical files :

- What is the meaning of this condition in the analytical files:
"IF (DOMAIN(ng)%NorthEast_Test(tile)) THEN"

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Antoine

kate

Re: Input Sources/Sinks forcing file

#2 Unread post by kate »

The answer to your first question is that ROMS does not support what you are asking for. You have the source code, though, so you could hack it to do that. It might not be numerically well-behaved, however.

Code: Select all

IF (DOMAIN(ng)%NorthEast_Test(tile)) THEN
This is just a test for whether the Northeastern corner of the grid is in the current tile.

m.hadfield

#3 Unread post by m.hadfield »

antoinemarie wrote:For instance, I make a source, and I want this source has the same temperature has a particular point of my model.
Is the particular point the point at which the source is being applied? If so, you can just set LtraceSrc(1) to F in the input file.

jivica
Location: The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia

#4 Unread post by jivica »

What I did for one test case of LNG (temp) impact to the environment was:
run the model with source but neutral with respect to temp (as suggested switch F for temp).
Before that switch option, many years ago :), I had to run model without point source and saved station file with temp at the position of the future point source, then the same run of the model with point source as before but set temp from station file. Nowdays, I would run model with source but (F for temp), save again in station file and the same stuff with cooled dt source of LNG ....
Cheers,
Ivica

antoinemarie

#5 Unread post by antoinemarie »

Thank you for your reply,

I have decided to hack the code. The particular point is not the point which the source is being applied. I have defined the temperature in ANA_PSOURCE, then I apply the temperature like that

SOURCES(ng)%Tsrc(is,k,itemp)=t(i,j,k,nnew,itemp)

I think it is correct.

Antoine